REDI SPLINT, ALUMINUM AND VOLARA, USA MADE.
This utility splint is manufactured in house, here in the USA, of high grade aluminum and Volara foam. The REDI SPLINT's quality is second to none, this staple of the EMS industry has been proven in the field for years in both civilian and military markets. Redi Splints come in several sizes, folded or flat. The aluminum interior is slightly more rigid than others on the market, making it both a unique and superior splint. No time consuming curves and configurations need to be implemented for this splint to offer support.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Strong and supportive for Limb fractures and sprains.
- Works great for standard infusion/as arm board.
- Uses “dead soft” aluminum alloy for easy molding.
- Can be cut with scissors and folded a variety of ways.
- Volara foam with closed cell cross linked technology.
- MADE IN USA
- Depending on area protocol, the splint will be applied by a healthcare professional according to the injury sustained by the patient. This product is designed to aid in pre-hospital immobilization on a very large number of limb injuries. Its exact method of application is dependent on the type of injury and the person applying the splint. Typically, it is formed to contour the injured limb to support and protect the patient. It is then wrapped with a commercial bandage or first-aid tape, depending on the preference of the first responder. This is an easy means to secure the splint effectively. Splint removal should be done carefully with scissors, by cutting the tape away and then gently pulling the splint off the patient.
-What kind of padding is used?
The Redi Splint uses Volara Foam which utilizes a closed cell cross linked technology. Unlike many of it’s competitors, this foam will not irritate the skin or cause a rash over time. It’s durable, safe and very effective in this application.